Monday, June 8, 2015

Widgets

Book Review - Life of Pi by Yann Martel

13356690 I really enjoyed Life of Pi. I love the way the book is written, with all the emotion and description and voice of a memoir. It carries the first-person intensity needed to make a story such as this really pop into life. The imagery and detail are also very fun. I love the science-y bits that are included, especially the bits that show how much Pi has learned about the world and his circumstance since the time of the shipwreck. It gives the story a very realistic feel.

My only reservation is that Life of Pi wasn't a book I just had to keep reading. I could put it down. In fact I actually did set it down when things got busy and it stayed down for two weeks. I didn't become as addicted to the book as I would have liked to.

Will I reread Life of Pi? Yes, because I did enjoy it, but because I didn't become addicted to it like I have to other books, it will probably be a few years before I pick it up again.

All things considered, my verdict is that this is a book you should read at least once.

I give it: 4 out of 5 stars

 

No comments:

Post a Comment