Thursday, May 8, 2014

Widgets

Another Semester

What are you going to be doing with your summer? Or if you're in the Southern Hemisphere, your winter? As for me I've just kicked off yet another semester of school. I'm only taking a part-time schedule this go 'round, hoping to knock off a few elective courses that will open the way to higher division classes that I'm actually interested in. I'm sure many of you out there understand that.

Both classes utilize online resources in addition to textbooks, and that means the courses can expand beyond the limits of a single textbook or professor's point of view. Hence, we are challenged to explore many avenues that support and contradict what the professors are teaching. In my personal opinion this makes education much more expansive and enjoyable because there's no singular indoctrination. Is it more challenging? Yes. But so far the semester is off to a good start, and I hope to hold onto that through a good middle and end. We'll keep our fingers crossed, aye?

In regards to writing, the thing you want to know about if you're following this blog, I am very pleased with what is making its way onto paper. The stories are developing in very interesting ways that are requiring me to stretch myself to write them effectively. Unfortunately, however, the stretching makes it so that things are not going as quickly as I would like, and writing has become another lesson in patience with a side lesson in appreciation for the value of quality rather than quantity. As is natural, I wish the opportunity to accomplish both q-words was afforded to me, but such is not the case at present and my gratitude finds its attention elsewhere.

Things may not be moving as quickly as I would like, but I am certainly enjoying myself and the new things that are coming into being. I have spent hours reading over texts, essays, treatises and more to gain better understanding of the world so that I can ensure a realistic quality to my creations. So far the results have been quite exciting and I enjoy expanding them amid intriguing stories. In particular, I am very excited for you to meet the new characters that have been introduced. They are adding an unbelievable degree of depth to the stories as well as revealing things about other characters that you may not have expected previously.

So, tell me. What's going on in your lives? What sorts of experiences are you having? What are you waiting for most in my books? 

No comments:

Post a Comment