Monday, February 24, 2014

Widgets

Cataloging a Library

This week I have two major projects going on: 1 - Setting up a new terrarium (hint hint), and 2 - Creating and implementing a new cataloging system for images in the local church meetinghouse library. The terrarium part will be fun every step of the way; the cataloging might not be.

I have the coding system down, but that doesn't mean much yet. I still have to go over, remark all of the images, copy the new data into a spreadsheet, and create the new catalog book for the librarians to use, all before next Sunday hopefully. The new system is going to be far more productive and easier to work with; the issue is simply the time it will take to get everything done. Thank goodness I will have help.

I've always been one for systematic record-keeping and cataloging. It's the way I keep things accounted for and easily accessible. You give me a load of stuff and I give you a order system in the blink of an eye. I guess that's just the way my brain works with information best.

How about yours? How do you keep track of things best?

1 comment: