Saturday, February 1, 2014

Widgets

Ready for Some Musical Inspiration

Ever had a day where you simply need a break? Need to step away? That's today for me. Several events have thrown me off my groove and things have been going roughly the last few days. It is time for a "me" day, or even a "me" hour. Luckily, I have just the opportunity to help me unwind tonight.

My family, for several years now, has been blessed by the friendship of a member of the New American Philharmonic. When concerts roll around we are often gifted a few complimentary tickets. Tonight is the philharmonic's winter concert, and once again we find ourselves the recipient of a kind gift. I am very excited. One thing I have always held in high regard as a pianist is a large group of accomplished musicians who can play in perfect time together and bring complex music to life.

The philharmonic performs here in Ogden at Weber State University, which is only a few minutes from my home. Usually one can find out easily what music the concert will feature, but this time I'm going to let them surprise me instead. A surprise now and then is good; they stir up the mind with new ideas that you wouldn't have thought of otherwise. It will be fun to journey across town, sit down with a notepad and pencil handy just in case, and let my ears enjoy the sounds and inspirations that come.

* * *

The Review-This-Book Kindle Book Sale continues on Amazon.com until February 5th. Price reductions are HUGE (75-90%), but tomorrow at Noon the price will go up from $0.99 to $1.99. Please tell your friends and help me spread the word. Don't miss out! Read more about it HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment