Friday, February 28, 2014

Widgets

"Catalog, Finito" Means Writing Recommences

I love the deeply rejuvenating night's sleep that follows the completion of a huge project. Don't you? Your mind is exhausted, but at the same time its elated that the thing which has dominated its attention for so long can now finally be put on the back burner, so it knocks out and you sleep fantastically.

I finished recoding, indexing, and cataloging that library project last night, and I couldn't be more pleased. The system is good and strong, malleable for future inclusions, and easy to work with. I think the most time-consuming part of the work was removing the old code numbers from the individual pieces and replacing them with new ones.

My second project is also coming along nicely and should be finished next week. So, I'll have another post about that soon.

With all this progress and so many distractions removed, I can finally get my attention back to writing. I'm currently working on a piece of Oblivion's Gate: Book 2 that has been stuck in my head since last Saturn's Day. It involves the interaction of two characters, Master Morgan and a robber named Zebad, within the walls of King Michael's fortress, and is the beginning of something very important. But that's all I'm going to say about that right now. ;-)

Until next time,

Peace to you!

1 comment: