Monday, January 13, 2014

Widgets

Silence Broken

S. R. Ford. (c) 2012. All rights reserved.
Good morning!

In November I posted that I had marked the Kingdom Chronicles: Book 3 for extensive renovation. Since then I've been pretty quiet about what's going on. If that has been torturing you, I hope you'll forgive me. I've held my peace up to this point because I haven't been entirely sure what all of the changes would equate to. But now that things are taking form, I want to share some of what you can look forward to in book 3.

As I said, things are coming along pretty well now. I'm not finished yet and probably won't be for a few months, but things are coming along much better than before. I am much more satisfied with the way this version of the story is playing out. The writing is much more complex and intriguing than the original drafts, which means the story flows along much better for the reader.

Over the passing weeks I've received numerous questions regarding the book. Several have asked about the length of the book (whether or not it would be longer than book 2, and whether or not each book in the series would be longer than the last), and I can honestly say, "No. They will not keep getting longer." In fact, book 3 is shaping up to be around the same length as book 1, the Kingdom and the Crown. It may end up a bit shorter; we'll have to see. Don't worry about ending up with books 1000s of pages long. It isn't likely to happen, and it certainly isn't planned to.

Many of you have asked questions about what will happen in book 3. Unfortunately, I'm not quite ready to give you the answers yet. I'll have to leak them to you over time. But of all the questions I've been asked, let me list the popular ones that will most certainly be answered in book 3:

- What are Shunul and his armies going to do next? Do they need time to regroup?
- How will Zarrys build and establish a new nation?
- How will they rebuild a ruined city? What will the new city look like?
- "WHAT THE [censorship] HAPPENED TO FALLON? WHERE IS HE? IS HE DEAD?"
- What happened to Nathan and Bartholomew, and how is their family taking the betrayal?
- What will become of Brazor?--And Kirah and Kimira?--with Fallon gone?
- With Prozon gone, what will become of Fiona?
- What happened to Mount Ryel? When, if ever, will it reopen to Zarrys?
- What kinds of things did Zarrys the First hoard in his towers? And why?
- What are other Vagan cities like? Where are they? What condition are they in?

These questions and more will be integral parts of the story, and some of them have farther reaching implications than you might think.

I hope that's enough to catch your interest for the day. Tomorrow, I have a much nicer surprise for you, so make sure that you follow by email or remember to come back by. Don't forget to Like my Facebook page, follow me on Twitter and Pinterest, and leave a review on Amazon, Goodreads, etc. Your support means the world to me.

Good morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment